1. Get Active on Social Media
2. Display, Display, Display!
Fall 2017 Update: We have added a few suggestions to help celebrate the change of seaons at your local farmers market.
Are you interested in running a farmers market? Farmers markets are awesome ways to help the community connect, provide people with high-quality local food, and have quite a bit of fun while doing so!
Running a successful farmers market isn't easy. It's a lot of work - and though the rewards are great, you should know some of the basic rules about running a successful farmers market before you get started.
We here at DialMyCalls have compiled a quick list of 5 tips that will help you organize, run, and manage a successful farmers market! Whether you're a market manager, or just interested in farmers markets, read on, and learn about these secrets to success!
1. Coordinate With Local Farmers, Consumers, and the Community
This is the first - and most important - step to running a successful farmers market. You need to balance the goals, objectives, and needs of each group to ensure that each one is satisfied.
- Farmers - It's important to choose a time and a season that works well for local farmers, and will allow them to sell their food to consumers for a long period of time, and at peak freshness. You also need to choose a time for the farmers market that fits their busy schedule.
- Consumers - Consumers will want a wide variety of locally grown, fresh foods, a diverse selection of goods, and prices that are reasonable.
- Community - The community at-large should be involved with the process of planning a farmers market. The input of community leaders, town officials, and committees should be taken into account when planning a farmers market, to ensure maximum positive effects on the community.
By balancing these 3 factors, you can be sure that your farmers market will succeed![click to continue...]
If you're running a small business, you should be performing regular surveys to understand the experiences of your customers - that's just a fact. Surveys are one of the most powerful methods to obtain honest, truthful customer feedback, and track the overall performance of your business.
But what's the best tool to perform surveys? There are dozens of online platforms, but these can be difficult to use, and usually require quite a bit of effort on the part of your customers. That means that you're less likely to get much engagement - rendering your survey somewhat useless.
DialMyCalls, however, offers powerful survey functionality. By sending surveys via SMS text message and phone call directly to customers who have opted-in, DialMyCalls can provide an unparalleled level of consumer engagement, and allow your business to benefit from the feedback of your customers!
Read on, and learn about the top 6 reasons that your business should be using DialMyCalls for surveys.
1. Get Honest Feedback From Past Customers
There is nothing more powerful than honest feedback from your past customers. Whether it's good or bad, customer feedback allows you to improve your business, and see how well you and your staff are doing.
And because DialMyCalls makes it simple and easy to obtain feedback from past customers, you can count on a strong engagement rate! Your customers will be able to quickly and easily respond to your surveys, and they'll give you the honest truth about how well your business is performing, and where you could improve.
By using this feedback - whether good or bad - to improve your business, you can gain a competitive edge in the marketplace, and have a better understanding of the overall performance of your company.[click to continue...]
If you're running an auto shop, you're probably looking for a way to increase your profits, gain a better reputation in your community, and win over loyal customers for life.
Communication is the best way to accomplish all three of these goals. By simply communicating with customers more effectively, you can ensure the success of your auto shop. Read on, and read about the top 4 ways you can increase your communication skills, and enhance customer loyalty - and satisfaction!
1. Listen To Your Customers
The first thing you need to do is truly understand your customers. Let's face it - nobody really wants to come to an auto shop. From basic maintenance to full-scale repairs, most people view your business as an inconvenience.
Because of this, you should do everything you can to listen to your customers, and be honest and genuine when interacting with them. Empathize with their issue, and truly understand what they want from you.
This is the basis of all effective communication - listening. Listen to your customer, and they'll tell you what they want. This makes it easy to deliver services that will satisfy them, and increases the effectiveness of your communication![click to continue...]
Many gym directors focus most of their efforts on the recruitment of new members - especially when it's summer, or the New Year swings around. This is important - many gyms rely on the profit gained from new members to continue operating.
However, just recruiting new members to your gym is not enough to ensure your success. In fact, most gyms and health clubs suffer from a 50 yearly "attrition" rate - meaning that around 50% of your membership will leave each year. Reducing this number is critical to maintaining profitability, and running a more successful gym.
Not only that, long-term members can be significantly more profitable to your gym. According to a 1990 study by Reichheld & Sasser, a 5-year member of a gym can be up to 377% more profitable than a new member.
Finally, the competition in the marketplace is getting stiffer. The number of U.S. gyms and fitness centers has been increasing at a steady pace. In 2008, only around 30,000 gyms were in operation across the U.S. Today, that number has increased more than 20%, to 36,000.
The numbers don't lie. To succeed in today's hyper-competitive world, your gym needs to focus on retaining members - not just recruiting new ones.
So to help you create a comprehensive membership retention system, we've put together 3 simple ways your gym can increase loyalty and retain more members.
1. Offer Incentives To Members
People like to feel appreciated - and if you offer long-time members incentives, they're much more likely to stick around. Providing incentives to members who stay active in your gym for a certain period of time is a great way to increase membership retention rates.
Here are a few ways you could offer incentives to your members:
- Coupon booklets - Does your gym offer personal training, massages, or other club activities? Giving members a coupon booklet after a certain period of membership at your gym - whether in person, or via email or text - is a fantastic way to reward them, while still ensuring that they'll use your gym's services!
- Run sweepstakes and giveaways - Using advanced SMS text message technology like DialMyCalls, it's incredibly easy to set up sweepstakes and giveaways for loyal gym members.
You don't have to offer high-value rewards - things like workout gear, nutrition bars and supplements, and branded items are perfect. While the monetary value of these items may be low, your members will appreciate that you're engaging with them. And if they win, they're sure to become more loyal to your gym!
- Set up contests for your members - Everybody likes a challenge, especially if they're rewarded for winning!
Run a contest that helps encourage members to come in regularly. Events like signing in at the gym, attending a group fitness class, or participating in other club activities are rewarded with "points" - and whoever has the most points at the end of the month wins a prize!
If you choose to implement one of these techniques, you're sure to see membership retention climb. Your members will feel more special and recognized, and they'll keep coming back for years to come![click to continue...]
If you're running a hair salon, you're probably looking for every advantage you can get when it comes to marketing your business. We get it - in the highly-competitive world of cosmetology, you need every edge you can get over the competition!
Well, you're in luck. You've just stumbled across the perfect resource - keep reading, and learn about the top 5 marketing tools you can use to help your hair salon succeed, and bring in more customers!
1. Social Media Platforms
Social media is a total godsend to hair salons. It's never been easier to engage with both past and potential customers, share photos of your work, and offer discounts, giveaways, and more!
But not all social media platforms are built alike. We recommend you focus your marketing efforts on 2 primary channels - Facebook and Instagram. Here are some tips on using each social media platform to its fullest potential!
- Facebook - Facebook is a great place to share the stories of your customers, photos of your salon and your customers, and longer-form web content! You can post just about anything on Facebook - and best of all, it's easy to share content from other pages! This can help you maintain an active presence on your Facebook page, while minimizing the amount of time you have to spend writing new posts.
- Instagram - Instagram is the ideal place to share photos of your work. In fact, it's a good idea to get into the habit of asking each customer whether or not they'd be willing to be featured on your Instagram account. By featuring your customers and their new hairstyles, you can easily post multiple times per day, and give potential visitors a more in-depth look at the typical styles and cuts available at your salon!
Used correctly, these two social media platforms are incredible tools for salon owners, and can really help you build your brand image, and a larger client base!
[click to continue...]
Sign up now and try our services for free!
Use the promo code DMCBLOG and get 25 free extra credits