Summer Camp Communication Management Made Easy
Posted by Tim S. in Mass Notification System on June 18, 2014
Kids can be unreliable when it comes to telling mom and dad important news. This can be frustrating when you are trying to run a summer camp with hundreds of excited kids under your care. Instead of useless notes, try using a voice broadcasting service that will get your message out to every parent at the same time.
How It Works
It is safe to assume that when each child signed on for summer camp, emergency contact information was given. With that is at least one cell phone number for a parent. Using that information, you create a contact list. Whenever you need to get a message out, simply record it and send it out to that contact list. Each parent will get either a phone call or text message letting them know your important news.
Setting up the message is easy with DialMyCalls. Either use your own phone to record it, upload a pre-prepared message from a file or one that you have used before or just write a text. DialMyCalls has the capability to convert a text message into a voice one, or you can send your message in text format. Whichever way, you can rest assured that mom or dad gets the message.
Your contact list is already in your DialMyCalls account. You just need to choose which ones to send the message to. Organize them by the age of the kids or camp groups they belong to in the event that you need to target just one portion of your camps population. It is simple to add entire groups as the intended recipients for your message.
What Can I Use it For?
Parents like to stay informed about what is happening with their kids, even when they send them away to camp.You can use DialMyCalls to let them know about:
- Pick-up and drop-off times
- Excursions or field trips off of the premises
- Special events like parents day or intramural competitions
- Reminders about payments
- Important updates like a change in counselor or other staff member
- Inclement weather provisions
DialMyCalls can also be used next spring to remind those parents about what a great time the kids had, and encourage them to sign up for another summer.
DialMyCalls is more than a voice broadcasting system. Special features have been integrated to help make it easy to use. No stone was left unturned when developing this amazing service:
- Email inclusion for free with all accounts. This is added security that the parents receive your message.
- Voice mail and answering machine detection that leaves your message for them to listen to later.
- Caller ID control that will allow your number to show up as the organization making the phone call, not DialMyCalls.
- An easy to read broadcast report that shows you the number of calls that were made and how many were picked up. It even shows which ones went to voicemail.
- Polling system. This is a fantastic perk that you can use to find out how your young guests enjoyed their summer camp experience. Use DialMyCalls to ask parents questions, and the results will show up on your broadcast report.
DialMyCalls is a cost effective way to help manage your summer camp business. By removing the young middle man from the communication equation, you are assured that the message is received loud and clear by the moms and dads.