Day camp provides a nice balance between sending kids away from the house for weeks at a time, and having them home around the clock in between school semesters. As a day camp supervisor, it is your job to entertain them in ways that make them look forward to spending hot summer days in your care, especially for those parents who depend on day camp so that they can work worry free.
Arts and crafts, soccer games and swim time can grow old fast with young kids, necessitating creativity when finding activities. If allowed, some day camp supervisors have found weekly excursions to a pre-specified destination helpful in creating a continual feeling of excitement with the campers. Some things to keep in mind if planning outside excursions are:
- Obtaining parent's permission in writing. Permission slips should specify the date, time and place, along with information about what the cost is and what the child should bring like a bagged lunch or sunscreen.
- Have accurate contact records. Using a voice broadcasting system is a good way to announce these excursions to parents, remind them of the dates, and let them know if there will be any changes in drop off or pick up times as a result. This is also good to have if you suddenly need to contact a parent for an emergency situation.
If you are stuck on ideas on where to take groups of kids, these are a few that are always a big hit with just about any age group:[click to continue...]
The DialMyCalls development team is constantly working on adding new features and improvements to our mass notification system. This month (May 2017) brought a plethora of changes which include a new customer support chat system, UI improvements and the addition of enhancements to several of our existing features. Please take a few moments to take a look at the current changelog below --- this changelog will be updated throughout the month:
May 22, 2017 --
- Intercom chat button is now located on right side of website.
(Click image to enlarge)
- Text-to-Speech has received its second improvement this month. Customers are now able to click on "Click Here For Advanced Recordings" to open a dialog box that displays code that can be added into a text-to-speech recording to have more control over the playback. The examples displayed offer the ability to add pauses in recordings and also gives customers the ability to emphasize certain words.
If you're involved in a charity or nonprofit in any capacity, you probably understand the importance of communicating effectively with donors. Great donor communication is the key to the continued success of your organization, and most nonprofit, charitable organizations rely heavily on donor generosity to continue doing business.
Because of this, members of charities and nonprofits should always be seeking out new and innovative ways to communicate with donors, and foster a deeper connection with their organization.
In an effort to do so, many nonprofits and charities have turned to advanced technology. Many charities are now using specialized nonprofit CRM software such as Zoho, and other innovative software platforms that can allow them to attract and retain donors more efficiently.
One of these software platforms is DialMyCalls. DialMyCalls is an advanced voice, text, and email messaging system that's incredibly versatile - and very affordable for nonprofits. The flexible DialMyCalls platform can be modified and customized by each and every customer, and our easy-to-use API allows IT teams to integrate our software into their own applications.
Using DialMyCalls is a fantastic way to boost engagement among donors. Let's take a look at some of the best ways that DialMyCalls can be used by charitable organizations now.
1. Event Alerts
Event alerts are a fantastic way to use the DialMyCalls service. Donors are people, just like everyone else - and they're often very busy. Because of this, special charity events, fundraisers, festivals, or other special occasions can sometimes slip through the cracks, and your best donors may not remember that they committed to the event.
And while that's not the donor's fault, it does mean that your nonprofit organization can miss out on some serious donations - and you need those donations to keep going. So it's a great idea to implement an automated text or phone notification service to remind donors about upcoming events.
To do so, you must simply login to DialMyCalls, create a custom list of donors from your list of contacts, and send out a message. You can even pre-schedule automated messages - send a reminder a week before the event reminding the donor of their commitment, then send a message the day before the event, and a message on the day of the event.
Doing so will ensure that your most valued donors feel like their presence is highly desired - and that's more likely to make them open up their wallets![click to continue...]
Life is tough for the owners of nonprofits. There is always worry, fear, and questions - persistent questions. Can we get enough donations? Are we running our programs correctly? Why aren't we more prominent in the community?
It's always a struggle to raise awareness about your nonprofit. Even if you're doing great work in the community, it may be tough to show that to the rest of the world.
So if you're running a nonprofit and struggling to raise awareness about your business, mission, and cause, we've put together a list of the 6 ways that you can increase awareness about your nonprofit business, and enjoy the benefits of an enhanced community profile.
1. Make Use of Social Media
Social media is one of the single most powerful tools available to any company - and that includes the nonprofit community. Approximately 2.8 billion people use social media every day - up 21% from 2015, and 83% of all Americans have at least one social media account.
Do you have an old Twitter account that's collecting dust? A Facebook page that hasn't been updated in two years? Now is the time to make use of these pre-existing pages, and to get active on social media.
The best part about being active on social media is that it doesn't take a huge time commitment, as you don't have to create too much original content. You can post about what's going on in your organization, as well as share useful and interesting content with your subscribers.
For example, if you run a nonprofit based on counseling abused women, you could share some shocking statistics about domestic violence, or find some articles that discuss the impact of domestic violence on children. No matter your area of specialization, you're sure to find some great stuff to share that can engage your social media followers.
2. Leverage Your Website With Great Content
If you are a nonprofit organization, you have a website - that's a given. But are you using it to its full ability? If you're not hosting a blog or posting great content on your website, you're wasting one of the best platforms you have for raising awareness and growing your brand.
Creating great original content for your nonprofit website is a fantastic idea - by writing about things that are in your area of expertise, you can continue to promote your nonprofit as an expert in the field of its specialization, which helps raise awareness about your mission and your brand.
Content creation also allows you to increase your SEO profile, generate more traffic, and get around ad-blockers, among other benefits. Also, the content that you create on your website can be cross-posted on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, further promoting awareness of your nonprofit.[click to continue...]
We live in an age with a diversity of different communication options available to us. With one device, we can call, text, IM, email, or video chat with almost anyone within seconds. But just because many options are available doesn't mean that many options are in use. Though most of us can admit to using multiple forms of communication on a regular basis, broad trends illustrate that some forms of communication are more popular than others - and those preferred methods are starting to evolve.
So what did 2016's activity say about the state of communication by Americans? And what can we expect to see in the near future?
Advantages of Understanding Communication
First, it's important to understand why communication trends are so important. When you understand how your customers are communicating with each other, you can:
- Build a better marketing strategy - The first benefit here is obvious - when you know what medium your customers are using most frequently, you can make that medium your primary channel of communication. For example, if 90 percent of your customers use email frequently, email marketing is a must. Communication trends may also inspire new kinds of advertising campaigns that connect to your customers in different ways.
- Improve your customer service - In a similar vein, you can use your customer communication insights to improve your customer service strategy. For example, if you know your customers strongly prefer phone conversations to other mediums, you can ensure your customer service line is always available, with better trained staff to address customer concerns over the phone.
- Better understand and serve your customers' needs - You can also use communication information to create better, more accurate customer personas. Then, with your customers better described, you can create better products, improve your services, and adjust your approach to better serve your customers overall.
Social media has become part of our daily routine here in America and we decided to take a poll on the favorite social media platform of 2016. Facebook and Twitter have been around for quite some time but new players in the social media game are quickly becoming the platform of choice by Americans. Find out which social media platform was used the most in 2016 with our 'Rank Your Favorite Social Media Platform of 2016' infographic.
What social media platform did you use most in 2016? DialMyCalls.com recently conducted an online survey to find out what social media platform was preferred by Americans in 2016, the results are below:
Sign up now and try our services for free!
Use the promo code DMCBLOG and get 25 free extra credits