Being in charge of a youth sports league can be a pretty time consuming process. Fortunately, as with everything, there’s an app for that. These cool apps are must-have software for youth sports leagues. They can make communicating with your team, organizing game schedules, and collecting dues much easier and faster, making your life simpler.
Bonzi is an app designed specifically for sports management, making it a great option for youth sports leagues. Used by over three million users worldwide, Bonzi offers all-in-one sports management solutions that are great for volunteer coaches. It can be used for any sport, and is accessible online and via a dedicated mobile app.
Bonzi offers several different products for different aspects of sports league management:
- Bonzi Team provides a suite of time-saving sports team management tools, as well as communication tools for players and coaches. You can create a public website for your team, manage announcements via SMS and email, manage the team’s roster, create season schedules, and more.
- Bonzi League is a league management tool for both hobby and professional sports leagues. This all in one administration tool has a suite of customizable features you can choose from.
One of the great things about Bonzi is that its pricing is designed to be as flexible as possible, to accommodate volunteer-run youth sports teams as well as teams that play on a professional level. Your program can be customized with the features you need, so you can avoid paying extra for features you don’t need. They also offer a sponsorship package that can help cover the program’s costs. [bonzicentral.com]
TeamSideline is another comprehensive sports team management solution that works well for youth sports leagues. It’s available for a flat, budget-friendly price, and their responsive mobile and web app comes with great customer support. It offers a range of features that sports league organizers need, including:
- Scheduling - TeamSideline includes a full scheduling solution that lets you view standings, stats, scoring, and game schedules.
- Player Registration - Keep track of team members.
- Team Registration - Keep track of the different teams in a sports league.
- Communication - Send automated messages via Email and SMS, complete with analytics like open rates.
- Websites - Create a dynamic, fully integrated website for your sports league, complete with domain.
- Team Sites - Integrated into the league website, these private spaces give members of individual teams a place to organize and connect with one another.
- Automatic Scoring - TeamSideline’s auto coach scoring system makes it easy to score games from your phone.
- Roster Building - Drag and drop players to assign them to teams.
Like Bonzi, TeamSideline is designed as an all in one sports management solution. [go.teamsideline.com]
RosterBot is designed to simplify sports team organization, for both team managers and individual players. Features include:
- Automated invites and RSVPs to let you know who’s coming to games and practices.
- Team communication tools, including email, live chat, and instant event updates.
- Money collection and reminders.
- Game rosters.
- Accessible from iOS and Android apps.
[rosterbot.com][click to continue...]
If you're interested in mobile marketing, you may be wondering whether you should focus your efforts on SMS text messaging, or on pre-recorded automated phone calls. It's a great question - and it has stumped marketers for quite a while!
So what's the right choice for modern marketers? Do today's customers and clients prefer phone calls or SMS messages? In this article, we'll look at the pros and cons of text messaging and phone calls - and help you figure out which option is right for you! Let's get started.
The Pros and Cons of SMS Text Messages
SMS text messaging is much newer than marketing with phone calls. SMS messages have only really been widespread for about two decades, but they are a very powerful marketing tool. Let's take a look at the benefits and drawbacks of using SMS marketing now.
- 99% open rate - 99% of all text messages are opened, and 90% of these are opened within 3 minutes.
- Real-time delivery and marketing messages - Because SMS messages are opened so quickly, they are great for time-sensitive offers and marketing messages to your opted-in customers.
- Highly interactive - It's easy to set up DialMyCalls to allow two-way SMS text messaging, polls, and more via SMS text messages - boosting customer engagement!
- SMS messages are limited to 160 characters - It can be tough to fit your marketing message into such a small space, so emails or voice messages may be better for some companies.
- Users may leave your service if you send too many messages - Users have to "opt-in" to receiving your SMS messages. If you spam them with messages, they will leave - reducing your market size.
- Not everyone uses SMS (businesses) - Some people still use landlines - especially at small businesses, so you can't use SMS text messages to contact all your customers.
The quality of the message being given cannot be measured by the amount of people in the pews, but the sense of community that the church is offering can. It makes no difference what type of social interactions are being offered on the internet, people need others in order to thrive and your church is the perfect venue to nurture that growth. Take the time to grow your congregation and you will be helping them as well as your church.
1) Make a Great First Impression
Nobody likes that new kid in the class feeling. Assign the task to a regular member of your church to look out for newcomers at the door and make them feel welcome. A warm smile and handshake from a stranger will work wonders at making the new member feel at home. Have your welcome wagon set up to get the new members name and contact information and hand out a special package that is especially for newcomers. Include important church information inside the gift plus something unexpected like a mug with your church's name printed on the side.
As the pastor, you should be positioned at the exit at the close of each service. Here it is up to you to also offer a warm welcome, ask them about themselves and invite them to the next service.[click to continue...]
Whether you're trying to send a personal SMS message to a friend or a business associate, or using a service like DialMyCalls to send SMS messages to high volumes of people, you've probably run into issues with your text messages not being delivered.
While DialMyCalls takes steps to avoid this, there are still a few rare situations that can cause SMS message delivery to fail.
In this article, we'll take a look at some of the most common causes that text messages may not be delivered, so that you may better understand how to best use DialMyCalls, and ensure that your messages are always delivered to the appropriate people.
1. Invalid Numbers
This is the most common reason that text message delivery can fail. If a text message is sent to an invalid number, it won't be delivered - similar to entering an incorrect email address, you will get a response from your phone carrier informing you that the entered number was invalid.
There can be quite a few reasons for this. For example, all messages being sent to U.S. telephones must begin with the country prefix "1" - if the international country prefix is not added, the message may fail to deliver correctly.
Other causes of invalid numbers include attempting delivery to landlines - landlines cannot receive SMS messages, so delivery will fail.
And, of course, SMS messages may fail if an individual's phone number is incorrect, disconnected, or otherwise invalid.
2. Carrier Filters
Similar to email, some cell phone carriers have implemented filter systems that can block spam, phishing attempts, and other unwanted messages. One of the primary ways that carriers block spam is by separating "A2P" and "P2P" messages.
P2P messages are messages sent between individuals - and they always have a valid alphanumeric senderID. These messages are likely to be delivered without being filtered.
A2P messages are messages sent from mass texting applications. Some carriers will "filter" these messages, and prevent them from being sent to individuals, in an attempt to prevent spam.
To avoid this, DialMyCalls uses advanced A2P routing to send messages through A2P-enabled routes. However, some messages may still be blocked if they contain certain keywords, though this depends on the specifics of each individual's carrier.[click to continue...]
If you're just getting started in the world of SMS text messaging for your business, church, school, or neighborhood, things can be quite confusing. There's certainly a lot to learn - and one of the most important choices you can make when beginning your journey is choosing between a long code and short code SMS text messaging number.
What is Long Code SMS and Short Code SMS number? Long code numbers are standard, 10-digit numbers. In the United States, they're usually formatted (555) 555-5555 - just like a normal phone number. Functionally, these numbers operate just like a traditional phone number, receiving SMS text messages and voice messages.
Short codes, on the other hand, are specialized for SMS text messaging. These 5-digit numbers are built to be used for large-scale marketing campaigns, and are more tightly-regulated.
So, what's the better choice for your SMS text messaging system? Let's discuss the pros and cons of each method now.
Long Code SMS Text Messaging
Long code SMS text messaging is easy to set up and affordable, but it's not perfect. Let's talk pros and cons now.[click to continue...]
If you manage an assisted-living facility or a retirement community, summer can be a dangerous time. Elderly folks are more susceptible to issues like heatstroke and dehydration, making them more likely to be seriously harmed by prolonged exposure to heat.
Because of this, residents of your retirement community or assisted living facility are at disk during summer heat waves. However, with some basic precautions, you can keep all of your residents safe and secure - even during the hottest summer weather! Read on, and learn about 5 simple tips you can use to keep your residents cool, happy, and safe!
1. Make Sure Your HVAC Units Are Functioning Properly
Ideally, this should be done in the late spring. If you have central A/C, have a professional HVAC specialist come in and analyze the overall health of your A/C systems. Vents, ducts, and HVAC units should be checked for functionality.
If your community uses window A/C units, the same advice is applicable. Have an HVAC technician check each and every window A/C unit. If one goes out while a resident is at home, they could be in serious danger - especially if they're sleeping and don't notice until things have already heated up.
2. Try to Minimize Time Residents Spend Outdoors - and Cover Up!
Prolonged sun exposure can be very harmful for your residents, and being outside in the summer heat can take a toll on their physical health. Strenuous outdoor activity dramatically increases the chances of heat stroke and heat exhaustion, so outdoor activities should be limited as much as possible.
You should minimize the time that your residents have to spend outdoors, and have staff members on alert, observing individuals who choose to go outside, and who may be at risk of problems like heatstroke or heat exhaustion.[click to continue...]
Sign up now and try our services for free!
Use the promo code DMCBLOG and get 25 free extra credits